Raindrop.io Bookmarks 11/17/2023
- Exclusive accordions exclude · Eric Eggert
"There are some accessibility challenges with all types of accordions, but most of them are even worse when only one accordion section can be open at a time."
- WCAG 2.2 will be a part of EN 301 549 and with that a part of WAD and EAA - Bogdan on Digital Accessibility (A11y)
"EN 301 549 seems to be updating in 2025, according to work item schedule it may come in early 2026. Unless ETSI adds WCAG 2.2 sooner it seems that we will have to wait quite a long time."
- Announcing Omlet -- component analytics for developers and design system teams · Omlet
"Omlet analyzes your production code, parses your components and collects usage data on all components. It then provides a dashboard where you'll find a variety of out-of-the-box charts to help you compile the most common data points that your team would find useful."
- The real value of tokens. And why I believe we are on the way... | by Erez Reznikov | UX Collective
"So basically tokens provide a unified, generic language, with strictly defined properties, to communicate design decisions."
- The Illusion Of Developer "Productivity" Opens The Door To Snake Oil - Codemanship's Blog
"My first observation is that it's not individual developers who produce outcomes; outcomes are achieved by the team."
- Learn Performance | web.dev
"This course is designed for those new to web performance, a vital aspect of the user experience."
- Should AVIF be the dominant image format on the web? - Tim Severien
"As we discovered, AVIF often is more accurate and smaller in file size than competing image formats."