Diigo Bookmarks 12/15/2019
- Why <details> is Not an Accordion - daverupert.com
"In a world where 97.8% of sites are inaccessible and sites that do use ARIA are 26.7% more inaccessible, we are failing the most vulnerable of users on the Web."
- Microbrowsers Are Everywhere ◆ 24 ways
"Based on observational experimentation, the most commonly recognized micro data tags for preview are the Open-Graph tags."
- Automating Inclusive Documentation - 24 Accessibility
"We often assume our documentation readers have the same levels of experience, education, and familiarity with code concepts. This tends to create barriers for people we never intended to exclude. Clear and simple writing helps everyone understand more information faster."
- The Customer is Always Right - 24 Accessibility
"It's better to offer a broad range of communication access options so that you can hear from all of your customers, not just a subset of those without needs."
- Design Tokens and Component Based Design ◆ 24 ways
"The main benefit of Design Tokens in regards to scalability is the option that it gives us to offer the Design Tokens for other platforms and frameworks as needed. With some of the tools available, we can even have these Tokens shared between applications used by designers and developers."
- paulirish/lite-youtube-embed: A faster youtube embed.
"Provide videos with a supercharged focus on visual performance. This custom element renders just like the real thing but approximately 224X faster."
- The future is now, so what about tomorrow? - 24 Accessibility
"It's a bit of a recursive problem- digital accessibility is difficult to grok, so fewer engineers have the skills necessary to build the tooling, and therefore fewer tools exist."