Diigo Bookmarks 09/23/2019
- UX Considerations for Web Sharing | CSS-Tricks
"While we are pretty happy with the Web Share API for mobile, its implementation for desktop is currently limited to Safari and leaves a lot to be desired. (Chrome is planning to ship support eventually, but there is no clear timescale)."
- Jagged Little Pill: Issues with Rounded Buttons - Cloud Four
"First, we'll introduce an "inner" element that represents the visual pill shape without reducing the surface area of the parent element. This will also solve our IE11 clipping issue by letting badges or other overlays live outside the pill"
- Making it easier to quit: Accessibility for compulsive and problem gamblers | TPG - The Accessibility Experts
"The CEO of Monzo, one of the banks that rolled out this feature, said users who signed up for it saw a 70% reduction in in their gambling transactions. Psychiatrists in the United Kingdom are pressing the more major UK banks to adopt similar features and there is no particular reason why requirements for them couldn't be included in the next WCAG release."
- Get more done with a little help from Google Chrome
"The tab grid layout and tab grouping capabilities make it easier than ever to stay organized in Chrome on your Android device"
- An HTML attribute potentially worth $4.4M to Chipotle - Cloud Four
"Once your form works with autofill, make sure it continues to work by including autofill in your QA process. This will help you identify problems like the one with Chipotle's form before they impact users."
- Inconsistent behavior among browsers when clicking on buttons | Zell Liew
"Firefox on Mac is simply weird. Everything seems wrong. Some browsers don't focus on the button when they're clicked. Some browsers don't include a focus glow on the button when they're clicked."