Raindrop.io Bookmarks 09/14/2023
- Adactio: Journal--Performative performance
"If you do the real work of actually making a website accessible, your work will be invisible. But if you slap an overlay on your website, it looks like you're making a statement about how much you care about accessibility (even though the overlay is total shit and does more harm than good)."
- Being "Polite" Does Not Ensure Access - The DREDF Blog
"People with disabilities should not have to "politely" request that businesses comply with a law that has been in effect for over three decades. Further, voluntary compliance is a myth."
- Scroll-Driven Animations Debugger (DevTools Extension) - Bram.us
"The extension adds a new pane named "Scroll-Driven Animations" to Chrome DevTools's Elements Panel. To use it, inspect an Element as you'd normally do and select the "Scroll-Driven Animations" pane."
- Adactio: Journal--Multi-page web apps
"When it comes to front-end development, I'm worried that we've reached a state where the more complex over-engineered approach is viewed as the default."
- Things that Jakob's Law is not - Brian DeConinck
"Just because Google or Apple or Facebook did something doesn't mean they made the right choice, and it's on you to think critically about the interaction you're copying."
- Navigating Web Accessibility Litigation: Advice from a General Counsel | Level Access
"You can also tie accessibility to business objectives, like advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives. In the U.S. especially, companies are very focused on DEI, and accessibility needs to be part of that goal. It's really about DEIA, not just DEI."