Raindrop.io Bookmarks 05/25/2023
- Why Do We Still Use PDF Files on the Web?
"Perhaps the biggest drawback of PDF is in how we use it. Maybe it's laziness or a lack of forethought. But in many instances, PDFs aren't necessary."
- How to manage design tokens - by Francesco Improta
"By using a database to store your design tokens, you have a "unique source of truth" where you can manage and organize your tokens efficiently. Meanwhile, plugins like Style Dictionary and Tokens Studio can help you to link design and development tools each other."
- Deploying AVIF for more responsive websites
"Since the introduction of AVIF in Chrome, Firefox and Safari, usage of AVIF on the web has been growing steadily; almost all browsers support AVIF today."
- Designing services for people who need help with numbers
"Many live with the limitations of not understanding numbers and the impact that has on everyday life, like managing money, arranging appointments, doing calculations and telling the time."
- display: contents considered harmful - Eric Bailey
"All told, I counted sixteen updates about how display: contents' behavior had regressed in a way that was inaccessible."
- Introducing The Brand New Thunderbird Logo!
"Hello Thunderbird Family! After nearly 20 years, we are thrilled to share a completely redesigned Thunderbird logo that honors our history and vital connection to Mozilla, while carrying us forward into the next 20 years."
- iA Presenter Early Preview
"It's time to mark a milestone - iA Presenter will officially launch June 1st."