Raindrop.io Bookmarks 02/18/2023
- Lance Bass once tried to go to space. His podcast 'The Last Soviet' heads back | Space
"a quick suborbital jaunt with Blue Origin or Virgin Galactic is not Bass' style; floating around "for a few minutes" is "not something I'd care to do," he said, as he always had more scientific aims in mind."
- 5 Reasons Why the Internet is Emitting More Carbon
"In conclusion, the internet is emitting more carbon than ever before due to the increased data usage, streaming services, cloud services, electronic waste, and cryptocurrency mining. While the internet has revolutionised the way we live, work, and communicate, we must take steps to reduce its impact on the environment."
- Always aim high | Andy Bell
"any element that has text-decoration--that doesn't define it's own text-decoration-color or text-decoration-thickness--will have this rule applied automatically."
- Web Push for Web Apps on iOS and iPadOS | WebKit
"Today marks the release of iOS and iPadOS 16.4 beta 1, and with it comes support for Web Push and other features for Home Screen web apps."
- Having an AI dialog | scottohara.me
"I just know a lot about web accessibility. Not everything. But a lot. ChatGPT only knows what it has learned from us. And collectively, right now, we don't know a lot. So let's go learn us some stuff, and then we can learn AI some stuff, too."
- How to Be a Disability Ally - Meryl Evans, Speaker and Consultant
"One in four people has a disability in the U.S. Despite this high number, not everyone has met someone with a disability. At least, not that they know about. Even allies of disabled people don't always know how what to do. That's because everyone has different lived experiences and preferences. Here are ten ways to be a disability ally."
- Using text symbols in pseudo-elements accessibly
"We will still use the mask technique, but instead of using a real svg icon, we will construct one on the fly using a data url. And we will put our text inside the svg using a <text> element."
- Supporting CSS Multi Direction Languages in 2023 | by Elad Shechter | Appwrite | Feb, 2023 | Medium
"If we need to translate an element based on the type of language, we need the value to change to a negative value instead of a positive value, or if it is negative, it will need to change to a positive one."