Raindrop.io Bookmarks 02/16/2023
- Focus Appearance thoughts | AlastairC
"I think everyone sees the value of having good focus indicators, so I'm taking the comments as a challenge to provide the easiest possible way of explaining the criterion and how to test it."
- Understanding The Accessible Canada Act and the Accessible Canada Regulations (ACR) - TPGi
"In December 2021, the Accessible Canada Regulations (ACR) came into force. Much of the Accessible Canada Regulations focuses on accessibility plans, the feedback process, and progress reports."
- Scroll-Driven Animations: Cover Flow (2022.10.06 @ Full Stack Europe) - Bram.us
"Back in October I was at Full Stack Europe in Antwerp. One of the talks I gave covered how I recreated Cover Flow using only HTML and CSS, thanks to Scroll-Driven Animations."
- Accessible writing is just good writing - Writer
"In this article, we're going to touch on some of the core, foundational elements that make your content more accessible to a wider audience."
- Visual design rules you can safely follow every time
"The bigger the text, the less space you need between each letter and each line. The reverse is also true. If you do not do this large text can look spread out, and small text can look too close."
- Typographic Hierarchy in Print, Web & App Design - Pimp my Type
"It all comes down to guiding the view and attention of readers purposefully. Contrast and spacing have the most influence. Contrast in typography can be achieved in several ways, with weight being the most striking one. When it comes to spacing, set elements that belong together closer."
- Adactio: Journal--Brandolini's blockchain
"Blockchain technology is not inevitable. That's the worst kind of technological determinism. It's defeatist. It's a depressing view of "progress" driven not by people, but by technological forces beyond our control."