Raindrop.io Bookmarks 02/15/2023
- The (extremely) loud minority | Andy Bell
"Now when you look at it like that, it makes you wonder why we give these people such a large stage while the very quiet majority don't get a voice at all. The very quiet majority are out there building more than 90% of the web, after all."
- Why I'm not the biggest fan of Single Page Applications - Manuel Matuzović
"after all these years, I never had the feeling that the argument "better DX leads to better UX" was ever true. It's nothing more than a justification for the immense complexity and potentially significantly worse UX."
- Container queries land in stable browsers
"This Valentine's day, we're celebrating size container queries and container query units landing in all stable browsers."
- Another death knell for accessibility on Twitter | by Robert Stribley | Feb, 2023 | UX Collective
"A case study of how Twitter's proposed API changes will further undermine accessibility for its users"
- Automation is not the enemy - Karl Groves
"While I currently cannot foresee a time when there's no longer a need for skilled manual testing and other skilled professionals throughout the design & development process, I do foresee a time that everyone's job becomes much easier and faster as a result of the advancement of tools. That's something we should all embrace."
- Thunderbird 115 Supernova Preview: The New Folder Pane
"Younger users have become used to using simpler interfaces. They've never used a "Local Folder" and probably don't even know what that is. So, we're offering a simple option to turn the Local Folders display on or off."
- Creating sites, the Jamstack way | CloudCannon
"Content editors typically aren't familiar with Git or HTML, let alone running an SSG build on their local machine. Fortunately, many Jamstack CMSs provide a friendly user interface for managing content on Jamstack websites."