Raindrop.io Bookmarks 02/02/2023
- Creating the Wikimedia Design System - Diff
"This kind of system is called a design system. It is a collection of guidelines, standards, and reusable elements that help people easily and quickly design and implement features that are consistent, scalable, and accessible for everyone."
- The End of Writing
"You can let Artificial Intelligence speak for you, but it can't feel and think for you."
- Our Surprisingly Simple Navigation Hover Effect - Cloud Four
"The selector does the heavy lifting here: When any part of the navigation is hovered, we lower the opacity of any navigation items that aren't being hovered."
- Quick Thoughts on Typeface and Font Accessibility | LinkedIn
"What works for one person may not work for another person, however, some factors make fonts more readable by a wider group of people and the ones you use may depend a lot on your audience (children, literate adults, etc.)."
- W3C re-launched as a public-interest non-profit organization | W3C News
"Today, I am proud of the profound impact W3C has had, its many achievements accomplished with our Members and the public, and I look forward to the continued empowering enhancements W3C enables as it launches its own public-interest non-profit organization, building on 28 years of experience."
- Setting expectations for asking ChatGPT web accessibility questions | scottohara.me
"My point is that this technology is still rather young, and what it regurgitates to you is going to be based on what it's learned from humans, who are also unfortunately often incorrect."
- the peculiar case of japanese web design
"it's clear that the introduction of the iPhone/smartphones didn't impact Japan in the same way as the rest of the world (or at least, the English-speaking world)."