Raindrop.io Bookmarks 02/01/2023
- Allowing Web Share on Third-Party Sites | WebKit
"Web developers must now include an allow attribute in the iframe HTML element to use the Web Share API within an iframe on a third-party site. The attribute accepts a value of web-share and optionally the origin of the site that is allowed to use the API."
- Interop 2022: Outcomes - Mozilla Hacks - the Web developer blog
"Along with the "focus areas" based on counts of passing tests, Interop 2022 had three "investigations", covering areas where there's less clarity on what's required to make the web interoperable, and progress can't be characterized by a test pass rate."
- model-element/explainer.md at main · immersive-web/model-element
"We propose adding a <model> element to HTML that displays 3D content using a renderer built-in to the browser."
- Yandex 'leak' reveals 1,922 search ranking factors
"A former employee allegedly leaked a Yandex source code repository, part of which contained more than 1,900 factors used by the search engines for ranking websites in search results."
- Building a Better, More Useful 1Password | 1Password
"We've improved 1Password 8 so that VoiceOver no longer gets stuck in some text fields. The screen reader will also read out all characters as you go past them - even if you start editing the associated text."
- Accessibility is not an afterthought | Accessible Web Design | Beleaf
"As a constantly evolving area of user interface design, we can work with organisations to support them on the journey towards a more accessible, inclusive web."
"Before the scrollend event, there was no reliable way to detect that a scroll was complete. This meant that events would fire late or while a user's finger was still down on the screen."