Raindrop.io Bookmarks 01/19/2023
- Inside Elon Musk's "extremely hardcore" Twitter - The Verge
"His failures at Twitter have already damaged his reputation as a genius. How smart could he really be, the guy who purchased a company for far more than it was worth, then drove what remained of it into the earth?"
- The truth about CSS selector performance - Microsoft Edge Blog
"Starting with Microsoft Edge 109 the Performance tool in DevTools can list the most costly selectors in any style recalculation."
- Minimal Dark Mode Styling - Eric's Archived Thoughts
"Other than restructuring things so that I can use Cascade Layers to handle the Light and Dark Mode styling, what am I missing or overlooking? <video> elements, I suppose, but anything else jump out at you as in need of correction?"
- Here's what's going on in the world of extensions
"Thus Firefox's version of Manifest V3 will provide cross-browser extension interoperability, along with uniquely improved privacy and security safeguards, and enhanced compatibility for mobile extensions."
- Web resilience is about users - not a shortcut for developers | Christian Heilmann
"My problem with a forgiving platform is that it makes it a lot harder to advocate for quality."
- Adactio: Journal--Chain of tools
"I'm not saying "Don't Make Me Think" when it comes to the tooling. I totally get that some working knowledge is probably required. But the ratio has gotten out of whack. You need a lot of working knowledge of the toolchains and build processes."