Raindrop.io Bookmarks 01/01/2023
- Foundations: target sizes - TetraLogical
"Recent additions to the web mean that we can try to detect how people may be interacting with their devices. However, assumptions about interaction methods can be problematic, as they may not be accurate and changes to the sites design made on incorrect assumptions can lead to a worse user experience."
- Why Web Design Still Matters in 2023 | Webdesigner Depot Webdesigner Depot » Blog Archive
"In 2023 websites will still be a critical part of a successful business strategy and web designers will continue to be essential members of any team."
- CSS Color Spaces and Relative Color Syntax | 12 Days of Web
"We're going to focus on three things found in these specs: the new syntax for color functions, one of the (many) new color spaces introduced by level 4, and the new relative color syntax from level 5."
- Web Performance Calendar » Lazy-loading LCP images: Why does this anti-pattern happen?
"Always test that you're not lazy-loading your LCP images and eliminate any LCP resource load delay. If you can't or don't want to do it manually, you can leverage tools like Lighthouse CLI and CI to programmatically check if the LCP element was lazy-loaded."
- Twenty Twenty-Two - daverupert.com
"2022 was the year I entered my Gundam phase. It started with making my first plastic "gunpla" models (in Japanese, "gunpla" or "plamo" refer to "Gundam Plastic Model")."
- Images, illustrations, and contrast - tempertemper
"Text contrast is straightforward enough, but non-text contrast is trickier. 1.4.11 requires a 3 to 1 contrast ratio for certain non-text elements, including images (which count as "Graphical Objects")"