Raindrop.io Bookmarks 12/23/2022
- The Performance Inequality Gap, 2023 - Infrequently Noted
"sites continue to send more script than is reasonable for 80+% of the world's users, widening the gap between the haves and the have-nots. This is an ethical crisis for the frontend."
- How I still use Flash in 2022 - Foon by Robin Allen
"Fortunately, .fla files are just XML. I just had to parse this, export the relevant data to a simple custom format and write a player to read it, draw the scene, handle input, and run the animations. I'd also have to do something about the ActionScript."
- What is the Difference Between Alternative Text, Long Description, and Caption? - HTMHell
"An image caption is visible to all users and typically displays below the image. It's used to convey additional information about the image; it doesn't describe the image directly. Image captions are optional and should never be the same as alternative text."
- Usablenet - Five years of ADA web and app lawsuits - key observations and trends
"This year we will see over 4000 lawsuits, and from our knowledge, demand letters are filed in the same volume as they were in 2021."
- A Theory of Web Relativity - HTMHell
"The rel attribute has the potential to take the Internet to the next level... and yet, we usually forget about it."
- Taking The Stress Out Of Design System Management -- Smashing Magazine
"The success of any project is half implementation and half communication. It's harder for people to support your work and advocate for you if they don't know what you're doing."