Raindrop.io Bookmarks 12/22/2022
- CSS Style Queries - Ahmad Shadeed
"What I like about using style queries is that it will reduce CSS specificity because we will rely less on CSS variation classes or HTML data attributes to style a component variation."
- Bruce Lawson's personal site : Bad performance is bad accessibility
"In his closely argued post The Performance Inequality Gap, 2023, Alex Russell notes that "When digital is society's default, slow is exclusionary""
- Help choose the syntax for CSS Nesting | WebKit
"The CSS Working Group is continuing a debate over the best way to define nesting in CSS. And if you are someone who writes CSS, we'd like your help."
- Why you should be using new CSS features today - part 2 - iO tech_hub
"Because we can / Because we can learn and be a step ahead / Because it helps us to write better code in the future / for the future"
- Common nesting issues in HTML - HTMHell
"Let's face it: an invalid HTML structure will not break your site in most cases, at least visually. Some might say that's the beauty of HTML, but others say it is a curse."
- Twitter suspends Mastodon account, prevents sharing links: Our statement - Official Mastodon Blog
"This is a stark reminder that centralized platforms can impose arbitrary and unfair limits on what you can and can't say while holding your social graph hostage."