Raindrop.io Bookmarks 12/20/2022
- Webpage archive
"It takes a 'snapshot' of a webpage that will always be online even if the original page disappears."
- Dr. Jeffrey Jaffe steps down as W3C CEO; Ralph Swick appointed Interim CEO | W3C News
"Jeff was a critical force in the World Wide Web Consortium's transition to its own legal entity, set to launch in January 2023."
- Interop 2022: end of year update
"Discover just some of the features that have become interoperable during 2022."
- Do you know color-scheme? - HTMHell
"Some will suggest that these colors should always be declared - but it really depends how minimal you want to be! Leave both the text and background as default, and they will both be controlled by the users themselves, via color-scheme."
- So, you'd like to animate the display property | CSS-Tricks - CSS-Tricks
"The CSS Working Group gave that a thumbs-up a couple weeks ago. The super-duper conceptual proposal being that we can animate or transition from, say, display: block to display: none."
- Prevent focused elements from being obscured by sticky headers - TPGi
"When keyboard users Tab backwards up the page, the focused element can disappear underneath the sticky header, meaning that a sighted keyboard user can no longer see where the focus is. The same problem can occur with sticky footers, when tabbing forwards."
- AJAX without the X: The History of JSON - The History of the Web
"One of the key design goals behind JSON was minimalism. My idea was that the less we have to agree on in order to inter-operate, the more likely we're going to be able to inter-operate well"