Raindrop.io Bookmarks 12/18/2022
- Search your tabs, bookmarks and history in the Chrome address bar
"Sometimes, finding the tab or bookmark you're looking for in Chrome can be tough. Good news: The Chrome address bar on desktop just got an upgrade that can help. Now you can directly search through your Chrome tabs, bookmarks and history right from the address bar."
- RIP Passwords? Passkey support rolls out to Chrome stable | Ars Technica
"Google supports Windows 11 with passkeys--not Windows 10--which is going to make this a tough sell. Statcounter has Windows 11 at 16 percent of the total Windows install base, with Windows 10 at 70 percent."
- Contrast is boring--can't someone else do it?
"Having sufficient contrast in your website is one of those things which are very important but still very boring to fix--especially if your site uses multiple background colours. Well, be bored no more! color-contrast() is (hopefully soon) here to save us!"
- Swearing and automatic captions - Eric Bailey
"Many automatic captioning services censor swear words. I feel this is done because there's the assumption that they'll be used in a business context."
- Which images need descriptive text? - tempertemper
"The most inclusive experience would be to describe every image unless there's a clear reason not to."
- CSS image() | 12 Days of Web
"While very useful, url() has some limitations that can sometimes result in hacky solutions, so as part of the level 4 spec for CSS Image Values and Replaced Content, the working group has introduced the image() function."