Raindrop.io Bookmarks 12/16/2022
- The BBC's 15 Web Principles - 15 years later - Terence Eden's Blog
"There's a fair bit of early-web-2.0 idealism in these 15 principles. In truth, I'm hard pressed to disagree with any of them. Throughout the web - not just on the BBC - they are often observed mostly in the breach."
- Web Performance Calendar » LCP(FE)
"Make your Front End teams happy with a key KPI they fully control, without the extra noise and fluctuations."
- Get that marquee ✨AeStHeTiC✨ - HTMHell
"The marquee element is an old web dev community favourite, fitting the 2000s aesthetic. However, this HTML element is deprecated and should not be used on modern websites. If you still want to achieve that unique marquee aesthetic, this article is here to help."
- Help choose the syntax for CSS Nesting | WebKit
"The CSS Working Group is continuing a debate over the best way to define nesting in CSS. And if you are someone who writes CSS, we'd like your help."
- How to Automatically Post your Tweets to Mastodon » Mike Industries
"I encourage you to move your primary posting and reading activity over to Mastodon, but this is a good baby step if you're not quite ready for that yet. It's also a great way to set up news bots."
- Highlighting Image Accessibility on Mastodon - Eric's Archived Thoughts
"With the mass Mastodon migration currently underway in the circles I frequent, I spend more time there, and I missed the quick visual indication of images having alt text, as well as my de-emphasis styles for those images that don't have useful alt text."