Raindrop.io Bookmarks 12/11/2022
- Inside the mind of a frontend developer: Article layout - Ahmad Shadeed
"This is what I like about CSS. Each time I try to implement a new design, it forces me to get out of my comfort zone and think about new possible ways to implement the design at hand."
- What Is Docker And What Is It Used For? - SitePoint
"The way Docker does this is by packaging an application and its dependencies in a virtual container that can run on any computer. This containerization allows for much better portability and efficiency when compared to virtual machines."
- How to transfigure wireframes into HTML - HTMHell
"It's not that hard to take responsibility for building good HTML and consequently an accessible site, you can start with small first steps and make your way to the top from there."
- A Practical Guide to CSS Media Queries - Stack Diary
"In this article, we'll take a closer look at what media queries are, how they work, and how to use them correctly, including for creating responsive designs. We'll also cover breakpoints, look at examples, and understand the different types of device types that can be specified directly with the @media property."
- We document our design systems - why don't we systematise our documentation? by Amy Hupe, content designer.
"Design systems seek to increase efficiency via common solutions that can be maintained centrally and reused in multiple places. So why don't we apply this thinking to our documentation?"
- Dear developer, your assumptions are wrong - HTMHell
"There are a lot of things that we are not aware of, and thinking about all the possible edge cases and unusual scenarios can be really challenging. We should try to test with real users as much as possible or at least do some research on who they are / who they could be."