Raindrop.io Bookmarks 12/09/2022
- New Chrome features to save battery and make browsing smoother
"With the latest release of Chrome on desktop, we're introducing two new performance settings so Chrome uses up to 40% and 10GB less memory to keep your tabs running smoothly, and extend your battery when it's running low."
- W3C Publishes WCAG Testers Consistency List | Deque
"One of the key innovations in browsers in the 2010s was the introduction of common test suites for web technologies. These tests showed where browsers differed, and which browsers had the broadest support for web technologies. The test suite that is part of ACT Rules does the same for accessibility auditors and testing tools."
- Tailwind is a Leaky Abstraction - Jake Lazaroff
"Maybe you really want to avoid coming up with names. Maybe you want to see your styles inside your markup, or use a ready-made set of design tokens. Tailwind will let you do those things. But the price you pay is that you need to know exactly how this tool interacts with CSS."
- Check-list The Web Quality Assurance Checklist
"240 rules to improve your sites and take better care of your users - Version 4 - 2020-2025"
- Web Performance Calendar » So you heard of Client-Hints and you think you got time, right? Wrong.
"There are actually two kinds of User-Agent Client Hints you can expect to see in your traffic - "low entropy" and "high entropy". The former is the set of Client Hints you get for free with every request from a browser that supports User-Agent Client Hints. This kind of Client-Hints are not very "informative". You want the second kind, though, the "high entropy" ones, as they provide all the bits and pieces for optimal device detection."
- Elements can be visible even though their parent has set "visibility: hidden" | Stefan Judis Web Development
"Wait what? As it turns out, nested elements with different visibility properties (visible / hidden) can be visible even though their parent is hidden."