Raindrop.io Bookmarks 11/20/2022
- Autocomplete values for identifying input purpose - Maxability
"The sufficient technique H98: Using HTML 5.2 autocomplete attributes advices the use of the autocomplete attribute."
- LocatorJS - click on any component to go to code.
"Click on any component in the browser to open its code in your IDE. You can use it as a browser extension or as a library. For React, Preact, Solid, Vue and Svelte."
- CSS Pro | A re-imagined Devtools for web design
"CSS Pro runs on the browser as an extension. It works on all kinds of websites: WordPress, Shopify, React, Wix, all themes, anything. It works even if the website is not yours. No code change is required, and it works offline."
- Hostile Patterns in Error Messages
"These aggressive strategies for error prevention and recovery are akin to standing over the shoulder of a user and shouting "YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG! during a workflow. They can be perceived as offensive and cause undo frustration. Bottom line: Let's assist users, not admonish them."
- Is Open Graph Protocol dead? - Terence Eden's Blog
"Standards work is never "finished". Developers want to add new features. Users want to interact with new forms of content."
- Browsers, JSON, and FormData - Jim Nielsen's Blog