Raindrop.io Bookmarks 09/19/2022
- Inclusion beats optimization | Erik Kroes
"Optimization is about being best in class. It's about being the best option for people. But if you have accessibility issues, then you're not even an option to begin with. People do not choose a competitor over you. They have no choice when you're not an option to begin with."
- Spacing, Grids and Layouts
"A spatial system is a set of rules for how you measure, size, and space your UI elements. Uniformity on a spatial level allows your product to be more consistent, your team to communicate better, and reduce the number of decisions designers have to make in a day."
- Photos or Illustrations: Which Is Better for Your Business Website and When (+Examples)
"the question isn't whether you should use photos or illustrations on your website, but which of the two mediums performs better and in what situations."
- Ladybird: A new cross-platform browser project - Andreas Kling - I like computers!
"Throughout this incredible expansion, my own goals have remained the same. Today I'm updating them a little bit: in addition to building a new OS for myself, I'm also going to build a cross-platform web browser."
- Complex conditional width using flex-basis with clamp: Every Layout
"If you find yourself wrestling with CSS layout, it's likely you're making decisions for browsers they should be making themselves."
- Brief Note on Super- and Subscript text -- Adrian Roselli
"Thanks to a conversation on the A11y Slack, I ran desktop browsers and screen readers through a test to see how they announce content marked up as superscript and subscript."