Raindrop.io Bookmarks 09/10/2022
- Giving your future self a little credit with progressive enhancement - Blog - Pixo | Apps, websites, and software development
"The web is complex, and the things you build are going to fail. With progressive enhancement, though, you can deliver the best possible experience to each and every user even when things go wrong."
"Current browser versions and release notes as site, feed or API."
- Visit for a surprise - Eric Bailey
"If you can write automation with this level of sophistication, congratulations! You probably don't need to work in web accessibility anymore, as you've invented strong AI and are now a quintillionaire."
- What's the Relationship Between IA and UI Design? | Jorge Arango
"I'm not saying that people focused on IA should also do visual design. But I am suggesting that people who care about enabling findability and understandability system-wide should also care about where and how people interact with the system -- whether that be screens, VUIs, etc."
- One Formula To Rule Them All: The ROI Of A Design System -- Smashing Magazine
"A true design system spans the whole organization in terms of interaction and visual design, engineering, brand design, content, and so on. It introduces clear guidelines on how and why to use them, particularly in combination, on top of the 'simple' components."
- So your designer wants stuff to overlap
"To me, Grid is a wonderful addition to your web layout toolbox when it comes to building designs with overlapping elements. Especially if you want more granular control of the height of the layout or a consistent amount of overlap across viewport widths."