Raindrop.io Bookmarks 09/09/2022
- Trying out Firefox 104 energy measurements | Green-Coding.org
"So the takeaway and also what we wanted to find out as a research question from the start is that the M1 power measurements in Firefox seem to produce a value that looks very interesting and deserves further inspection."
- W3C Accessibility Maturity Model | W3C Blog
"This proposed W3C Accessibility Maturity Model describes an overall framework for establishing a robust, repeatable ICT accessibility program and identifying areas for organizational improvement."
- Critical CSS? Not So Fast! - CSS Wizardry - Web Performance Optimisation
"Critical CSS only helps if CSS is your biggest render-blocking bottleneck, and quite often, it isn't."
- Axe DevTools Extension Updates: Test Your Whole Page With Multi-Run Intelligent Guided Testing | Deque
"Now, users can test all of their page's content within a single test run, saving tremendous time and effort and providing a single "window" view of all tests for complex pages! In addition, this release contains several UI enhancements that include relocating some controls."
- A beginner's guide to Design Tokens | by Steve Dennis | Sep, 2022 | UX Collective
"A basic design token is a variable with a unique name that is assigned a simple value. You can think of a token as the source of truth for a part of a design that's reusable or composable."
- Why your website should be under 14kB in size | endtimes.dev
"TCP slow start is an algorithm used by servers to find out how many packets it can send at a time."
- Infinite Scrolling: When to Use It, When to Avoid It
"Infinite scrolling typically works best for situations where users will want to scroll through homogeneous items with no particular task or goal in mind -- for example, entertainment, news, or social media."