Raindrop.io Bookmarks 09/02/2022
- What Is Closed Captioning? Definition, Formats, and Resources
"Closed captions allow the viewer to toggle the captions on and off, giving them control of whether captions are visible. On the other hand, open captions are burned into the video and cannot be turned off. Closed captions are more common with online video, while open captions can be found on kiosks."
- How to advance digital accessibility as a business and as a user.
"While nearly 20% of users said they report the issue, a staggering 13% responded by saying they didn't know how to. If businesses had clear lines of communication and responded to the report, that could lead to a 32% increase in online users and potential sales."
- Help us Establish Environmental Standards for the Internet | Mightybytes
"It's time to define clear environmental standards for the internet. Join a worldwide group of digital professionals committed to a more sustainable internet that works for all people and our shared planet."
- Improving Accessibility with Design Tokens | Sam Solomon
"This presentation covers discusses improving accessibility with design tokens. By using tokens to enable theming, we can begin to build colorblind themes."
- An argument against CSS opacity - TPGi
"Opacity and alpha channels can fool automated accessibility tools into missing contrast failures."
- SEO links obfuscation and accessibility problems - La Lutine du Web
"the role="link" attribute gives the element the link role and the tabindex="0" attribute gives access to this link with keyboard and thus makes it effectively clickable. However, this does not solve the usability problems mentioned above (contextual menu, opening in a new tab, etc.)."