Raindrop.io Bookmarks 09/01/2022
- Designing Better Error Messages UX -- Smashing Magazine
"Never rely on the color of the error message alone, and use icons, borders, and section highlights to indicate erroneous input."
- Bring Focus to the First Form Field with an Error :: Aaron Gustafson
- Using Grid Named Areas to Visualize (and Reference) Your Layout | CSS-Tricks - CSS-Tricks
"grid item line numbers can change if our layout changes at a breakpoint. In those cases, it's not like we can rely on the same line numbers we used at a specific breakpoint. This is where it takes extra cognitive encumbrance to understand the code."
- Modern alternatives to BEM - daverupert.com
"I'm not anti-BEM nor anti-roboclasses, but as we enter a new era for CSS I think we have an opportunity to rethink best practices around architecting CSS."
- The sum of all knowledge | Christian Heilmann
"I still want the web to be what these books meant for my father: the sum of all knowledge. The best humans can collect and via peer review and quality control archive for the next generation to come. The platform works, the idea is solid."
- Accessibility and supporting Internet Explorer - TetraLogical
"Of course, there will be some environments - such as public libraries and other large organisations - where people may be limited to using Internet Explorer due to restrictions placed on their machines."