Raindrop.io Bookmarks 06/24/2022
- What willwould a Chromium-only Web look like?
"While it's open in the sense that anyone can become a committer, even if they don't work for Google, there's a barrier to entry in that you have to write code, be nominated and confirmed by three existing committers, and not have anyone else object."
- Overlays are here to stay. So are "male enhancement pills". - karlgroves.com
"Given their lengthy history of being bad actors in the marketplace, it is illogical for anyone to expect anything else from overlay vendors. While it might be true that "Overlays are Here to Stay" that doesn't mean that we need to change our stance."
- Text-overflow: ellipsis considered harmful · Eric Eggert
"I often see it used on items like buttons or even form labels to make them look nicer(?) or when aligning them vertically. But once you change the viewport or resize the text, the end of the text disappears."
- How I built a dark mode toggle | hidde.blog
"I also added an SVG icon that I applied pointer-events: none to, so that clicks on the SVG would be registered as clicks on the button."
- The Metaverse Standards Forum
"Where Leading Standards Organizations and Companies Cooperate to Foster Interoperability Standards for an Open Metaverse"
- Debug the web in 3D with the 3D View tool - Microsoft Edge Blog
"We introduced a new tab in the 3D View tool, Composited Layers, which helps make sure a web page is broken down in the correct number of layers to have great performance when pieces of it are animated or changing independently of the rest."