Raindrop.io Bookmarks 06/04/2022
- Peering into the accessibility of Dark Mode | by Dora Cee | May, 2022 | UX Collective
"Whether you use Light or Dark Mode is more of an expression of identity rather than one rooted in productivity outcomes, as so far there is no evidence to support this claim."
- ARIA Authoring Practices Guide | APG | WAI | W3C
"Learn to use the accessibility semantics defined by ARIA to create accessible rich internet applications. This guide describes how to apply accessibility semantics to common design patterns and widgets."
- Star Wars Scene Transition Effects in CSS / Coder's Block
"You know those wipe transitions between scenes in Star Wars movies? Have you ever thought it would be awesome to recreate them with CSS? Probably not, but, well, here we are. Let's do it."
- Time to write better alt text for accessibility | by Dora Cee | May, 2022 | UX Collective
"Conciseness: Keep it short enough that it doesn't disturb the general flow of the whole reading experience, and make the words count."
- Customizing Color Fonts on the Web | WebKit
"Fonts can define one or more of their own color palettes inside the CPAL table inside the font file. The palettes are ordered, and so they are identified by index."
- Email Markup Consortium
"The Email Markup Consortium (EMC) is a community-led group of industry professionals working to improve the email experience for everyone."