Raindrop.io Bookmarks 05/27/2022
- New tools for designers from IBM Accessibility - Age and Ability
"For Global Accessibility Awareness Day 2022, let's give a shoutout to designers, who play a critical role in accessibility. IBM Accessibility is proud to offer new free tools for accessibility in the everyday work of designers."
- Axe DevTools Extension Update: New Color Contrast Analyzer | Deque
"There are certain instances where the automatic scan powered by axe-core can't accurately determine the foreground and background colors of an element, such as when text runs across a gradient or an image."
- Accessibility Not-Checklist | Brewed by team Intopia
"The Not-Checklist acts as a guide to make sure you haven't missed anything. If you're new to accessibility, the resource provides a foundation - it's an overview of what you'll need to consider, but it won't teach you WCAG from front to back."
- Dark Mode Toggles Should be a Browser Feature - Bram.us
"In summary, I think there should be easier ways to switch Dark Mode on a per-site basis. Ideally, switching/overriding should be a simple button (or the like) at the browser level."
- How not to do accessible design. In addition to directing User... | by Carolynn Johnson, Ph.D. | May, 2022 | UX Collective
"Creating inclusive and accessible design does not mean deliberately creating a lesser user experience for all users out of fear of excluding some users. It means being sensitive to and aware of what causes barriers for those user groups and coming up with design solutions that will more easily allow them to be included while still enhancing the overall experience for everyone."
- Manage Accessible Design System Themes With CSS Color-Contrast() -- Smashing Magazine
"From working with design handoffs to supporting custom themes in a design system, the CSS color-contrast() function can become a cornerstone for developers in enforcing sufficiently contrasting and accessible UIs."