Raindrop.io Bookmarks 05/04/2022
"We are finally developing mature solutions that can build full apps from the ground up, solutions that are not "just a view-layer". We're finally starting to compete on the same playing field as SDKs for native apps, providing a full toolkit out of the box."
- Why Your CSS is Always Messy and Chaotic - Understanding CSS Complexity - DEV Community
"I hope I've convinced you that CSS is inherently complex, and its complexity grows superlinearly with the size of your project."
- Plain Old Semantic HTML: A Perfect Basis for Accessibility
""Poshifying" your content means using semantic (X)HTML wherever possible instead of defining structure via other means (for instance, through CSS or WAI-ARIA)."
- Release Notes for Safari Technology Preview 144 | WebKit
"Included initial accessibility support for display: contents"
- The State of Frontend 2022
"I was shocked that the "always" answer was as low as 17%! This leads me to think that frontend developers are still reactive, rather than being proactive in their approach to accessibility."
- The Amazon Kindle will support EPUB in late 2022 - Good e-Reader
"There are many questions about Kindles supporting EPUB. Will publishers and independent authors be able to submit EPUB files and sell them on Amazon? Will Amazon use their own encryption and metadata, or will they will buy a license from Adobe? They could possibly do, what Kobo has been doing for a number of years."