Raindrop.io Bookmarks 04/06/2022
- Tweaking In The Browser - Ahmad Shadeed
"For me, I see the term "tweaking" much clearer than "designing". Simply because it doesn't give false hopes to newcomers, or designers who might think that web browsers are actually design tools."
- The devil is in the details... | Christian Heilmann
"you can open the Developer Tools and see the browser add the "open" attribute to the detail in question when the term was found inside the details."
- The case for adding validation state to your design tokens - Eric Bailey
"I propose that validation is placed after Type, and before State. This allows you to have a space where validation feedback can have user-facing state applied to it"
- Thoughts on Exerting Control With Media Queries - Jim Nielsen's Blog
"We say CSS is "declarative", but the more and more I write breakpoints to accommodate all the different ways a design can change across the viewport spectrum, the more I feel like I'm writing imperative code. At what quantity does a set of declarative rules begin to look like imperative instructions?"
- 12 years beyond a HTML joke - HTML Accessibility
"Good news was that there appeared to be movement at the station and the HTML specification may sometime soonish reflect reality."
- Still plenty of work to do - the WebAIM Million - Joe Dolson Web Accessibility
"The six highlighted errors are easy, obvious, readily detectable by automated testing, and easily fixable. Every one of them. Not one of those errors is something that should be produced by a professional web developer who had even a basic understanding of accessibility - and that tells you an awful lot about the excremental state of web development right now."