Raindrop.io Bookmarks 02/11/2022
- Why you should use a developer font - DEV Community
"TLDR: Developers, the fonts that you use matter! They help you find bugs and lessen eye strain."
- Introducing the Dialog Element | WebKit
"For accessibility tools, the <dialog> element is equivalent to role="dialog". In addition to that, a modal dialog will behave similarly to an element with aria-modal="true"."
- Rethinking Component Libraries. Part Two | Understanding Costs | by Alan B Smith | Jan, 2022 | Medium
"I'd like to start by saying that building an in-house component library is not cheap. It is very expensive and taxing to do well, and it is even more costly when executed poorly. It is not the budget option."
- Foundations: colour contrast - TetraLogical
"Differences in device size, resolution and contrast can all affect colour quality"
- Add Responsive-Friendly Enhancements to `details` with `details-utils`--zachleat.com
"I've decided to finally package those <details> helpers up and formally release them as a web component!"
- Rationalise it! 5 steps to introduce a new component to the design system | by Andrey Sundiev | Beamery Hacking Talent | Jan, 2022 | Medium
"Just like "double diamond", this process is a guideline, not a dogma. This means you can expand, contract or sometimes even skip a step if needed."