Raindrop.io Bookmarks 12/26/2021
- Writing Better CSS | Aleksandr Hovhannisyan
"In this article, we'll look at various scenarios where modern techniques can reduce the complexity of your code and allow you to write better CSS."
- Tailwind and the Femininity of CSS
"The important bit is that they hinder deep learning of CSS. This is not to say that every developer needs to have intimate knowledge of CSS when launching a personal project, but that major businesses need to invest in hiring front-end designers that specialize in this area."
- WCAG 2 is what we have | Kilian Valkhof
"WCAG moves slow. Very slow. Frustratingly slow. But that's what the process needs. Accessibility is a complex topic, and WCAG requires consensus."
- Defining a strategy for accessibility - craigabbott.co.uk
"There are 3 core parts. Compliance, education, and culture. If you lack any of these 3 things over a sustained period of time, the strategy is unsustainable and your ability to consistently deliver accessible services will burn out."
- Emojis and Accessibility: The Dos and Don'ts of Including Emojis in Texts and Emails | Easterseals Blog
"Don't repeat an emoji over and over; Don't place emojis throughout a message; Don't put a call to action after the emoji."
- Container Queries | 12 Days of Web
"CSS Container Queries are an upcoming way to move beyond media queries that are tied to the viewport and instead will enable us to modify an element's behavior based on the container it's within."
- Compat 2021 Holiday Update: presents for developers before the end of the year
"aspect-ratio was a long requested feature from web developers and it is now supported in all browsers. Use of flexbox, grid and position: sticky are all growing, and these features are now better supported across browsers thanks to many improvements made during 2021."