Raindrop.io Bookmarks 11/21/2021
- What If Phones Were Actually Designed for Hands? - Christopher Butler
"the problems that come from our basic inability to hold things that were ostensibly designed to be interacted with by hands are only increasing. Searching for phrases like "ergonomic research on mobile devices," for example, yields a fairly undiversified crop of results."
"My goodness what a beautiful reality that would be. Consistent, boring and wonderful."
- Research: 73% of Accessibility Professionals See Increase in Accessibility Awareness on Digital Channels Throughout the Pandemic | Deque
"Accessibility professionals noted a 32% year-over-year increase in the number of reports from users with disabilities, who encountered barriers to digital services during the pandemic."
- Your CSS is an interface - Eric Bailey
"Human-friendly CSS is an interface that prioritizes people. It allows someone using your website or web app to easily make modifications to get what they need. This is huge because we can't know who the person is, or what circumstances they're experiencing."
"BudouX is the successor to Budou, the machine learning powered line break organizer tool."
- Google logo schema markup now requires logos to look good on white backgrounds
"Google has updated its logo schema markup guidelines to say it is now required for the logos you submit in the schema looks good on purely white backgrounds."
- In conversation with ... Tim Frick, Author of Designing for Sustainability - SustainableUX
"However, it is important to note that the scientific community hasn't yet reached consensus on how best to calculate digital emissions. It all depends on how you define the system boundaries."