Raindrop.io Bookmarks 11/14/2021
- Free Practical Guide to Web Animation
"The guide introduces web animation techniques with examples and tips on how to use them. Lessons come with pre-designed templates and video tutorials on animating websites on Tilda."
- Podcasts and Accessibility
"Video can also be used to create a more engaging experience for those who need an alternative to pure audio. Audiograms, for example, often feature a static image in the background and captions to accompany the audio."
- Optimizing resource loading with Priority Hints
"Priority hints indicate the relative importance of resources to the browser. They can enable optimal loading and improve Core Web Vitals."
- What's new in PageSpeed Insights
"The new UI is aimed to be more intuitive and helps developers quickly discover lab and field performance insights for their pages."
- Why You Need To Do User Testing With Deaf And Hard Of Hearing People | Fable
"One of the most powerful and effective ways to ensure your digital content is accessible and inclusive is by involving people with disabilities. However, one group is often overlooked. And that's the deaf and hard of hearing."
- AMP Has Irreparably Damaged Publishers' Trust in Google-led Initiatives - WP Tavern
"In examining the weight of the DOJ's allegations, it's important to consider how this impacts WordPress as a CMS that is used by 42% of the web. A new performance team for WordPress core is being spearheaded by Yoast and Google-sponsored employees."
- Making data visualizations more accessible | MIT News | Massachusetts Institute of Technology
"Survey results revealed that a majority of blind readers were emphatic that descriptions should not contain an author's editorialization, but rather stick to straight facts about the data. On the other hand, most sighted readers preferred a description that told a story about the data."