Raindrop.io Bookmarks 11/07/2021
- Best Practices on Embedding Third-Party Web Widgets | by Ravidu Perera | Oct, 2021 | Bits and Pieces
"Facades are non-functional static element similar to embeds. Since scripts are only downloaded and run when the user interacts with the lazy-loaded element, the facade looks and performs similarly to the genuine third-party embed."
- Using CSS Variables for reduced motion on a global scale | Home of fearless web developer Silvestar Bistrović
"Let's introduce a CSS Variable that might help us set reduced motion on a global scale."
- Web Performance Metrics Cheatsheet
"I recently gave a talk on "Making Sense of Performance Metrics" at the Web Unleashed Conference, and it was suggested that I turn the breakdown of all the performance metrics into a cheatsheet; so here it is!"
- Layout patterns
"A collection of layout patterns built using modern CSS APIs that will help you build common interfaces such as cards, dynamic grid areas, and full-page layouts."
- WebAIM: Alternative Text
"Although technology is getting better at recognizing what an image depicts, algorithms alone cannot understand what an image means within the context of the overall page."
- Enhancing the Manifest :: Aaron Gustafson
"My proposal enables developers to provide URLs for an app's accessibility statement, content license, and policies governing privacy, security, support, and usage."
- So, you want an accessibility score? - Tenon.io
"Unless it accurately reflects how a system performs for people with disabilities, no grade will be of any real value for anything other than vanity metrics."