Raindrop.io Bookmarks 07/21/2021
- What is suborbital flight? (And why do we care?) | Space
"The short duration of the weightlessness will be a limiting factor, Collicott said, but these flights also open up the prospect of researchers being able to fly with their experiments."
- Google drops AMP label in mobile search results
"Google was thinking of showing a page experience label instead, but we have yet to see Google show the page experience label that they tested for a short period of time last December."
- Practical Use Cases for Scroll-Linked Animations in CSS with Scroll Timelines | CSS-Tricks
"The Scroll-Linked Animations specification is an upcoming and experimental addition to CSS. Thanks to the @scroll-timeline at-rule and animation-timeline property this specification provides, you can control the time position of regular CSS Animations by scrolling."
- The Humble <img> Element And Core Web Vitals -- Smashing Magazine
"decoding="async" suggests it's OK for image decoding to be deferred, meaning the browser can rasterize and display content without images while scheduling an asynchronous decode that is off the critical path. As soon as image decoding is complete, the browser can update the presentation to include images."
- The 2021 Design Systems Survey by Sparkbox
"Today's design system teams are focused on encouraging adoption, engaging contributors, and overcoming debt. And the teams that focus on the majority of these items, along with metrics, are reaping the rewards of more successful systems."
- The accessibility stalemate | Christian Heilmann
"We have a lot to gain by making accessibility, well, more accessible. We do not do that by blocking information from going out as it isn't perfect when it comes to accessibility."