Raindrop.io Bookmarks 04/29/2021
- Compat2021: Eliminating five top compatibility pain points on the web
"In 2020, Chromium started work addressing the top areas outlined in Improving Chromium's browser compatibility in 2020. In 2021, we are beginning a dedicated effort to go even further."
- How To Bake Layers Of Accessibility Testing Into Your Process -- Smashing Magazine
"Start where you are. The goal isn't perfection, but ongoing improvement. Implementing all layers at once doesn't have to be the goal."
- Should Accessibility Overlays and Widgets Be Viewed As 'Separate but Equal' Solutions?
"To the fullest extent possible, the support for equal access needs of people with disabilities is meant to be provided as part of the core experience of the goods and services."
- What's normative in WCAG?
"In WCAG, the main text is normative, which means it is required to meet the standard. Other texts like Techniques, Understanding documents and ARIA Authoring Practices are not, they provide useful context, examples, background information and more."
- Environmental sustainability at GitHub - The GitHub Blog
"Carbon neutral since 2019: GitHub has been operating at net-zero carbon since July 2019, and all development on and use of GitHub.com since then has been carbon neutral."