Raindrop.io Bookmarks 04/06/2021
- Going Headless: Use Cases And What It's Good For -- Smashing Magazine
"When you look closely into the headless landscape, you'll find out that headless tools intentionally limit their functional scope and provide ways to integrate into larger systems."
- Under-Engineered Select Menus | Adrian Roselli
"In testing with users, too much effort to draw attention to errors creates noise, requiring multiple passes for users to address them all. Instead, I found that an indicator in the corner of the field did the trick."
- How to write inclusive, accessible digital products | by Nick DiLallo | UX Collective
"Many screen readers don't recognize bold or italics or colored text. It's often easier to write without those things, emphasizing ideas and information with clear phrasing and punctuation."
- :where() has a cool specificity trick, too. | CSS-Tricks
"my gut is telling me you might wanna start with :is(), unless you notice you need to mix in a higher-specificity selector; if you do, back off to :where()."
- Are Google's Core Web Vitals Metrics Unreasonable?
"In some ways this is all reminiscent of the arguments over net neutrality. The fear being that, if an internet provider gives preference to certain types of traffic over others, it's going to favor the well-heeled."
- Accessible Vue - The Why and How of building inclusive apps in Vue.js
"Learn about core concepts of web app accessibility, tips & tricks, best practices strategies and and how to implement inclusive components in Vue 2 and 3."