Raindrop.io Bookmarks 04/04/2021
- Meet Utopia: Designing And Building With Fluid Type And Space Scales -- Smashing Magazine
"Space is often created ad-hoc by designers, and guessed at by developers. Utopia aims to solve this by standardizing the foundational unit of space used in design and development."
- A Complete Guide To Accessible Front-End Components -- Smashing Magazine
"In a new short series of posts, we highlight some of the useful tools and techniques for developers and designers. Recently we've covered CSS Auditing Tools and CSS Generators, and this time we look into reliable accessible components: from tabs and tables to toggles and tooltips."
- Dark mode in 5 minutes, with inverted lightness variables - Lea Verou
"The basic idea is to use custom properties for the lightness of colors instead of the entire color. Then, in dark mode, you override these variables with"
- Evergreen CSS Flex Layouts With Live Demos | webup.org/blog
"The collection here is not ambitious but does include some common CSS flex layouts with live demos and example code you can simply reuse. Filling the gaps with more content is then up to you."
- Fixing a slow site iteratively | CSS-Tricks
"Here's the thing: performance is more than a one-off task. It's inherently tied to everything we build and develop. So, while it's tempting to solve everything in one fell swoop, the best approach to improving performance might be an iterative one."
- The Data is In! - daverupert.com
"In the last couple weeks some new data has dropped about a couple topics I care a bit about: Accessibility and Mobile Web Performance. These are industry-impacting studies and I hope you'll read and consider the findings yourself, but here's a list of key datapoints that stood out to me and changed my perspective a bit."
- Accessible front-end components: claims vs reality
"Remember what Léonie Watson once said about accessibility: "it doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to be a little bit better than yesterday". The more research we do, the better informed our choice will be."