Raindrop.io Bookmarks 12/05/2020
- Solutions and Tools for Dealing with Broken Links in Web Pages - Impressive Webs
"many in the discussion on Hacker News disagreed with defaulting a link to the archived version. The primary reason not to do this is because it takes traffic away from the original content, which seems unethical and may even affect page rank for the resource"
- Why Do We Call it a Homepage? - The History of the Web
"That space on the web, Berners-Lee called it a home page. It made sense. It was a digital "home" on the web. A space you could come back to and add the discoveries you made surfing the web. And that's how the word home page began to circulate."
- Chromium Blog: Chrome 88: Digital Goods, Lighting Estimation in Augmented Reality, and More
"Dark mode is an accessibility feature that allows web authors to enable their web pages to be viewed in dark mode. When enabled, users are able to view dark mode supported websites by toggling the dark mode settings on their OS."
- Nobe Cars | electric cars
"Our aim was to create a "feel-good ride" which spreads joy wherever it goes. With its retro yet modern style, state-of-the-art ECU, ride comfort and sporty acceleration, our Nobe 100 is truly special."
- Web Histories - telling the stories of the people behind the open web
"The Web Histories project is an attempt to document the stories of those who have helped to shape the open web platform, with a focus on those people who are often underrepresented in the formal histories."
- Google are spoiling my Blue Beanie Day - tempertemper
"As more browsers move away from developing their own engines (Opera and Edge being the biggest players), instead working in collaboration with Google on their Chromium project, I see a dangerous 'one browser to rule them all' scenario"