Raindrop.io Bookmarks 10/31/2020
- SpeedCurve | Cumulative Layout Shift: What it measures, when it works (and doesn't), and how to use it
"The differences in the duration of the page life cycle can account for some of the larger discrepancies we've seen in CLS."
- Troy Hunt: Humans are Bad at URLs and Fonts Don't Matter
"The point I'm obviously making here is that when we talk about people being bad at interpreting URLs, it's not a problem that's solved simply by changing the font or "centring their experience", the issue is so much deeper than that."
- Prevent layout shifts with CSS grid stacks - Hubert Sablonnière
"this very area will always be as big as the biggest between .chart and .info. Therefore, the height of the whole component will be the same when toggling between states."
- The #NoMouse Challenge
"The #NoMouse Challenge is a global effort to raise awareness about accessible web design."
- Deque Releases axe for Microsoft's New Edge Browser
"Like its Chrome and Firefox counterparts, axe for Edge is a simple to use, automated testing tool that helps developers identify and resolve common accessibility gaps that prevent or limit people with disabilities from interacting with websites and their content."
- Evolve HPA Final Design
"The aircraft is designed to be flown by a 69kg pilot at a cruise speed of 8.28m/s, requiring 334W of power."
- The lang attribute: browsers telling lies, telling sweet little lies - Manuel Matuzović
"Frameworks and other setups that offer a boilerplate HTML structure could make picking the natural language part of the automatic or manual installation process instead of setting a default. The devs at orf.at already created an issue for vue-cli."