Raindrop.io Bookmarks 10/23/2020
- How to Improve Core Web Vitals - Simon Hearne
"Core Web Vitals are three new performance metrics which will soon impact SEO ranking. Learn how to measure and improve them to maximise user experience!"
- New Lawsuit Against A 'Certified' Accessibility Overlay Customer - Level Access
"On September 17, San Francisco's Lighthouse for the Blind filed suit against a major HR software and services provider for products and services that are inaccessible to blind employees. The defendant also happens to be a customer of an accessibility overlay provider."
- The Online Accessibility Act: What It Is and What It Could Mean | eSSENTIAL Accessibility
"While the Online Accessibility Act is a long awaited indication of formal guidance on web accessibility, the process for taking action against websites that are not compliant must be revised."
- Share Button Type · Issue #11 · WICG/proposals
"A value of "share" for the type attribute of the button element would allow authors to provide an interface element for sharing the current web page."
- Adactio: Journal--Accessible interactions
"Accessibility on the web is easy. Accessibility on the web is also hard. I think it's one of those 80/20 situations."
- Chromium Blog: Reducing abusive notification content
"The new enforcement in Chrome 86 focuses on notification content and is triggered by sites that have a history of sending messages containing abusive content."
- SpeedCurve | Visualizing Layout Shifts
"While the user experience is fine, CLS gives this a bad score as the layout shift analysis only looks at how elements move on the page. You can avoid a bad CLS score by using CSS transform to animate any elements."