Raindrop.io Bookmarks 10/07/2020
- Robin Rendle ･ Web Apps Are Not A Thing, Please Stop
"Somehow, the thinking goes, if we make a web app then we don't need to care about accessibility or responsive design. We don't need to care about all the work that goes into making a typical website great; semantic HTML, fast performance, responsive design."
- What iOS 14 Means for Email Marketers - Litmus
"A new zoom level for emails / A new, dark background for emails in Dark Mode"
- What to Expect From WCAG 2.2 | Deque
"Deque is planning to make WCAG 2.2 available as an option for our audits as soon as it is available. We also plan to add new rules to axe-core for WCAG 2.2, and new guided tests to axe Beta."
- Bringing the browser developer tools to Visual Studio Code - Microsoft Edge Blog
"The "headless" option is a less intrusive way to launch the browser. You don't get an own browser window and no extra icon in your task bar. This also solved a long-standing problem with Mac users as the extension reported browser windows not in the foreground as inactive."
- Google Online Security Blog: New Password Protections (and more!) in Chrome
"You will also be able to use Chrome on iOS to autofill saved login details into other apps or browsers."
- Doing more to design for and with people with disabilities
"Earlier this year we launched Action Blocks, an Android app designed with people with cognitive disabilities in mind that allows you to create customizable home screen buttons to navigate your device. Today, we are beginning to roll out an update to Action Blocks that will help make communication more accessible for people who are non-verbal."
- On the Design Systems Between Us · Matthias Ott - User Experience Designer
"By making visible what the actual impact and real-world applications of a design system look like, it can be far better adjusted to the reality and needs of the organization. And for designers, it is easier to see everything that's broken."