Raindrop.io Bookmarks 10/06/2020
- LEGO IDEAS - Blog - 10K Club Interview: Valérie & Matthew, creators of Blue Origin New Glenn Rocket
"The engine bay is a masterclass in fitting high amounts of detail, combined with stength and functionality for the legs."
- a11yresources - A growing list of accessibility tools and resources
"The Accessibility Resources is a growing list of more than 200+ hand-curated accessibility plugins, tools, articles, case studies, design patterns, assistive technologies, design resources and accessibility standards."
- How do the new iOS 14 accessibility features stack up? | Deque
"Widgets seem beneficial because of their ease of access to the most pertinent pieces of an application. In the same way, Back Tap provides another way to create shortcuts, allowing assistive technology users to use their devices more efficiently. In contrast, the combination of VoiceOver and VoiceControl is concerning."
- On the Web Share API | CSS-Tricks
- Proposed Online Accessibility Act in US Congress is Bad for Digital Inclusion - Law Office of Lainey Feingold
"The new law would not allow a private lawsuit until a disabled person first went to the Department of Justice. This would take time and delay fixing a website."
- Axe Updates: New Consolidated User Experience | Deque
"Viewing and exporting test results, initiating Intelligent Guided Tests, browsing existing test records, managing settings; it can now all be done directly in the extension. We have also taken steps to modernize the look and feel, focusing our efforts on how users parse information."
- XR Accessibility User Requirements
"This document lists user needs and requirements for people with disabilities when using virtual reality or immersive environments, augmented or mixed reality and other related technologies (XR)."
- Websites still don't provide equal access in 2020 -- and lawsuits are increasing | VentureBeat
"The web accessibility service provider reports that by the end of April 2020, the rate of ADA-based web and app lawsuits filed in Federal court returned to its previous record-breaking pace."