Raindrop.io Bookmarks 09/20/2020
- Similarity Principle in Visual Design
"Design elements that appear similar in some way -- sharing the same color, shape, or size -- are perceived as related, while elements that appear dissimilar are perceived as belonging to separate groups."
- UX Design for Navigation Menus | Learn UXD
"Navigation menus are one of the most-viewed and most-clicked-on pieces of interface. Let's look at some principles of nav design that will help our users have a better experience."
- Tone of Voice and User Experience | UX Magazine
"Whenever users do read, they pay attention. And that is why establishing your tone of voice is a critical part of the UX design process."
- Tools should not only be for experts - they should turn us into them | Christian Heilmann
"We know the issue, and we want tools to be something you use and learn while you use them."
- Digital Accessibility: The Importance of the VPAT
"A VPAT, or Voluntary Product Accessibility Template, is a document that allows a company to analyze how accessible its digital properties (electronic content, hardware, software, support documentation) are to persons with disabilities, based on the Revised Standards set forth in Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 508)."
- The CCPA & Digital Accessibility: Overview - Level Access
"Notable in the CCPA is the consideration for digital accessibility defined in the Act. As noted above, the Act directs the Attorney General of California to adopt regulations to ensure that notices and information provided pursuant to the Act are accessible to people with disabilities."