Raindrop.io Bookmarks 09/14/2020
- Principles for better design
"Remember the Pareto principle: in general 80% of a things can be done in 20% of the total allocated time. Conversely, the hardest 20% left takes 80% of the time. Perfection requires infinite time and energy. This is impossible and therefore should not be part of your design."
- How to simplify your design | UX Magazine
"Companies are in constant pursuit of building simple and usable products. More features, new technologies, and advanced capabilities but still in a lightweight and simple to use format. More often than not, making it simple is the hardest thing there can be."
- What to look for in an accessibility audit | Deque
"Deque's audit reports provide links to learn more repositories that help your team learn while they remediate, so your audits can act as a library for learning after it is done."
- Webster's Dictionary Defines "View Source" As... - Jim Nielsen's Weblog
- Measuring the health of a design system | Chase McCoy
"Design systems are like community gardens, and understanding their health is key to success."
- The Evolution of the Google Sign Up Form: The Mirror of the Internet's Development - Trudov.Com
"Sometimes I explore web.archive.org in order to study changes on prominent sites. This exploration is very useful for understanding design trends. Today I will share my insights into Google's registration form."