Raindrop.io Bookmarks 09/02/2020
- Component Driven User Interfaces
"Components are standardized, interchangeable building blocks of UIs. They encapsulate the appearance and function of UI pieces. Think LEGO bricks. LEGOs can be used to build everything from castles to spaceships; components can be taken apart and used to create new features."
- Removing barriers: How Liliane Canvas Control is empowering designers in the face of disability
"Accessibility is much more than having access. It is about creating experiences"
- The Design System Encyclopedia. A complete, visual encyclopedia of UI... | by Jon Moore | UX Power Tools | Aug, 2020 | Medium
"The Design System Encyclopedia is a vast collection of meticulously documented design tokens, components, page layouts, interaction patterns, and visualizations."
- 7 Practical Tips for Better Microcopy | Learn UXD
"Good microcopy is one of the fastest ways to improve an interface. Try doing an audit on your UI with these tips to see how it stands up."
- Deque announces axe-con: a new digital accessibility conference | March 10-11, 2021
"Free, Multi-track Online Event Focuses on Helping All Professionals Build, Test and Maintain Accessible Digital Experiences"
- WebAIM: WCAG 2.2 Overview and Feedback
"Below are WebAIM's plain language summaries of each of the new proposed success criteria, as well as discussion and our recommendations."
- Cumulative Layout Shift, The Layout Instability Metric | Dareboost Blog
"to reduce CLS, some site owners might be tempted to use linear animations, which have a constant speed, rather than ones more intuitive to humans, such as "ease", that speeds up at the beginning of the animation and slows down at the end."