Raindrop.io Bookmarks 08/01/2020
- Disability language is a nuanced thing - Part of a Whole
"Disability language is a tricky thing. What can you say? What expression is the correct one? How do you avoid offending people? What expression should you be using? It's tricky, and it keeps changing."
"Welcome to epubtest.org, the home for accessibility testing of e-reading experiences. This site can be used to find out how an e-reader performs with different features found in eBooks."
- "In Space We're All Equal": Former JAXA Astronaut Naoko Yamazaki Talks Equality, Global Challenges We Must Overcome Together | Tokyo Weekender
"The Earth is our spacecraft and we are all its members, each carrying their own unique role and responsibility."
- How to create accessible subtitles | Go Make Things
"Back in March, the wonderful Steve Faulkner shared information about the doc-subtitle role."
- Modern CSS Techniques To Improve Legibility -- Smashing Magazine
"We can set the optimal line height of a paragraph using the ex unit, as well as set a paragraph's width using the ch unit, in order to respect the user's preferred browser settings for font size and family."
- The Lean Web
"The web is a bloated, over-engineered mess. The Lean Web is a set of principles for a simpler, faster world-wide web."
- Simple Image Gallery with display: grid; and object-fit: cover; - Bram.us
"While some suggested existing solutions such as React Photo Gallery or photo-stream, I focussed on only the layout-question and suggested a DIY solution using display: grid; and object-fit: cover;."
- It's time to lazy-load offscreen iframes!
"Native lazy-loading for images landed in Chrome 76 via the loading attribute and later came to Firefox. We are happy to share that native lazy-loading for iframes is now standardized and is also supported in Chrome and Chromium-based browsers."