Diigo Bookmarks 05/21/2020
- Today is Global Accessibility Awareness Day! - Mozilla Accessibility
"Over the last year, Mozilla has made significant progress in our efforts to ensure that all of our products and services are not only accessible, but a delight to use for people with disabilities."
- The Fastest Google Fonts - CSS Wizardry - Web Performance Optimisation
"A combination of asynchronously loading CSS, asynchronously loading font files, opting into FOFT, fast-fetching asynchronous CSS files, and warming up external domains makes for an experience several seconds faster than the baseline."
- Using calc to figure out optimal line-height | Hugo Giraudel
"instead of starting on a 1.5 value, why don't we flip it over? We could start down from 1.1, adding just the few pixels we need, which will make almost no visual difference in larger font sizes, but on smaller ones."
- Disclosure Widgets | Adrian Roselli
"A disclosure widget is a simple control whose sole purpose is to hide or show stuff. Using the native control should be limited to simple content. The ARIA pattern can be extended to behave as richer controls. No matter what, always test."
- Proper VoiceOver support coming soon to Firefox on MacOS - Mozilla Accessibility
"For several years, Firefox support for the VoiceOver accessibility technology on MacOS was mostly non-existent. In 2020, the team is finally changing that. Here is some insight into what's happening."
- Artificial Intelligence and Accessibility - GAAD 2020 - Hello A11y - :last-child
"This presentation was created for the Hello A11y conference to celebrate Global Accessibility Awareness Day 2020"