Diigo Bookmarks 05/20/2020
- Official Google Webmaster Central Blog: Google Translate's Website Translator - available for non-commercial use
"Please note that usage will be restricted to government, non-profit, and/or non-commercial websites (e.g. academic institutions) that focus on COVID-19 response. For all other websites, we recommend using the Google Cloud Translation API."
- The 25 Boolean Attributes of HTML · Jens Oliver Meiert
"There are Boolean attributes in HTML, and there are about two dozen of them--25, to be precise, unless I err somewhere. Here's a quick rundown of what makes for a Boolean attribute, and what Boolean attributes there are in current HTML."
- How Fluent UI Unlocks the Next Generation of Microsoft 365 Experiences
"In general, we refer to the 80/20 rule: we use native patterns 80 percent of the time, focusing our energy on custom components that improve customer experience."
- XP.css - A design system for building faithful recreations of old UIs
"XP.css is an extention of 98.css. A CSS library for building interfaces that look like old UIs."
- An intro to designing accessible data visualizations - Sarah L. Fossheim
"Keep responsiveness and design for mobile in mind. Don't hide your legends or labels to save space on smaller screens."
"new.css is a classless CSS framework to write modern websites using only HTML. It's ~4.5kb."
- Report: COVID-19 Crisis is Driving Digital Accessibility Awareness | Deque
"COVID-19 is causing a second wave of digital transformation efforts. Organizations who are already practicing accessibility early in their development process are best positioned to help to ensure people with disabilities are not excluded from the essential services the Internet provides."