Diigo Bookmarks 02/20/2020
- How to Create a More Readable CSS - Elad Shechter - Medium
"When looking at the structure of a Sass file where all the context is on one line, it's a lot easier to see all the selectors at once, and that makes it a lot easier to connect its HTML component."
- "I don't know" - Mule Design Studio - Medium
"No one has all the answers, and pretending you do doesn't make you look confident, it makes you look a fool."
- monica.css - Monica Dinculescu
"I just want the ones that I know I end up using in every project. So here is monica.css: my very own CSS framework, which I copy paste at the beginning of every CSS file and take it from there."
- Understanding Web Accessibility Color Contrast Guidelines and Ratios | CSS-Tricks
"We're basically aiming to make text readable for someone with 20/40 vision, which is equivilent to the vision of someone 80 years old. Visual acuity of 20/40 means you can only read something at 20 feet away that someone with perfect 20/20 vision could read if it was 40 feet away."
- How design systems use Storybook - Storybook - Medium
"This article shares how real design systems use Storybook. You'll get a glimpse of the addons and battle-tested workflows that can inspire your own design system."
- Design tokens 101 | Kilian Valkhof
"Using design tokens forces you to think about the system behind your design and prevent you from creating "one-offs". Systematizing your design makes creating new components and designs faster and more consistent"